p0llinate
p0llinate, Consultant
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

Hi Jason, I am having trouble printing from my Mac mini os

Hi Jason,
I am having trouble printing from my Mac mini os version Yosmite 10.10.1 to my Kodak printer ESP 3200 series. Apple have suggested that I try you for resole.
The Printer works fine when I print from my Lap top Microsoft 7
Vbr Jim
Category: Networking
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

Unfortunately, this isn't going to be possible to resolve. Kodak stopped making printers about 3 years ago, and they are not supporting those models any longer. You may find a driver for an older OS, but they are not releasing any driver updates for yosemite, win 8.1, etc. Kodak is relying on the OS to provide appropriate drivers for their products, and in the absence of that, it isn't supported. Your machine is a 2009 model, so even it hasn't been supported for quite some time. In short, if the computer doesn't automatically recognize the printer when it is plugged in and load its own driver, you're essentially out of luck.

Nathan :

Kodak hasn't released any updates for nearly 2 years now, and they aren't expected to release any new ones either, making this a futile effort.

Nathan :

Typically the only way to make this work is to connect the printer directly (usb) to an old computer and share it as a network resource to then use from the newer computer/os

No, there are no 10.10.1 drivers for either of these.

you could attempt to install the last 10.9 version, but in my experience it won't do anything for you unfortunately.

You would need to use a 3rd party service such as google cloud print

the print job is relayed through that, and spooled using the drivers on the host machine

That is only going to give you limited print functionality though, you won't be able to scan, fax, etc

Nathan :

In the long run, given the age of the printer, which is well past its 3 year service life and will likely fail in the near future anyway, you may be better off buying a new printer that is better supported and has proper drivers. If you'd like, I'll be happy to recommend replacement options for you.

Customer:

Hi Nathan,

Customer:

Hi nathan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Than you for the answer. I have since installed an HP printer which is satisfied my requirements,

Vbr

Jim