Russell H.
Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

I use the samsung camera app for remote viewing but now it

Customer Question

I use the samsung camera app for remote viewing but now it won't zoom.
I press the + button and it switches the app off!.
camera is samsung WB250F linked to my I-Pad and I-phone 5.
its annoying as I carry out roof surveys and cannot zoom into specific areas.
(Been a briliant app tool/camera and I've recomended to a lot of my colleagues).
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is only one actual camera (in point not of model number, but of one physical individual camera) being controlled by the app ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes,when I press the + to zoom in on remote view it flashes zoom in use (miliseconds ).

(I use a pole with the camera on top)

If there is only one camera being used, it is possible that the zoom function on it is jammed or otherwise defective. I advise taking the camera off the pole and checking whether this is so - a regrettable necessity.

(Of course, try uninstalling the Samsung app, then restarting your device, then reinstalling a fresh copy of it, then configuring it properly, and seeing whether that makes any difference, before getting the camera off the pole and/or replacing it.)
(This is of course, unnecessary if you have other similar cameras controlled by the same app, that still have their zoom functions working. In that case, you have a defective camera period, I would say.)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've taken the camera off the pole.I use it for normal photography and utilising the app on my ipad to load photographs directly and the zoom works ok.

I've taken it off and reinstalled it also.

the app is a free app provided by samsung when you buy the camera.

OK: so you have established that the camera's zoom is actually functional when ordered or managed by other means than through the Samsung device and its provided app, is that correct?

If so, the app might be defective - suddenly - but that is unlikely. Still, the Samsung camera app should be reinstalled. The question is: are you able to reinstall it from scratch? do you know where to reinstall it from? if not, I will look it up and inform you.

Far more likely, the communication of the zoom command is being blocked somehow.

What changes have recently been made on the Samsung device, of any kind, prior to the camera zoom function failing ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no changes as far as I am aware i was hoping that it was something to do with the ipad set up? thankyou

What app, sourced from where, does the iPad use, if it can actually still do the Zoom function?