hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I am a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technican and skilled in the troubleshooting of computer networking problems
40928634

I have recently installed a Canon Pixma MG7150 as a replacement

Customer Question

I have recently installed a Canon Pixma MG7150 as a replacement for my old HP Photosmart C5100 All in One and since then have been unable to connect my Photoshop with the new printer, it says that it cannot acces the C5100 printer, how can I connect to the Photoshop to the new printer?
Category: Networking
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

What do you mean by "obvious things" please because I don't want to give you suggestions and you just reply back with did that; tried that etc

What OS is our computer running please?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have deleted the old HP printer file and also taken off the Canon mini Photoshop file.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Internet Explorer, and Virgin Media

Hello there,
Sorry but you didn't answer what OS you are using (Windows 7 etc?)
Failing this you need to set the 7150 as the default printer in Windows and Photoshop will pick that up.
If you can't find how to do this then when you tell me the OS I can give you explicit instructions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows 7

Ok click the start orb on the bottom left corner

Click on "Devices and Printers"

Right click your new printer listed under "Printers & Faxes" and choose "Set as default printer". Then click Ok

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

But I have done that and it is already set to Set as default printer, when I tried it out it was just the same ie Still looking for HP C5100 All in one printer.

If you go into the Photoshop printer settings can you select your new printer from the pull down menu?

http://www.colourphil.co.uk/photoshop-cs6-print.shtml

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What is happening is that the Canon Printer is being selected for the printing but the scanning is asking for the old HP printer!