Claws224
Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I've gone through the set up for wi-fi connection for MG3250

Customer Question

I've gone through the set up for wi-fi connection for MG3250 Canon Printer. When I scan it still just prints it out and not enables me to put it in a file and send it on by e-mail. This is just not working?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 years ago.
My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.
Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've just replied to you. I just want printer connected to computer so I can make a file and send it on by e-mail. Are you having difficulty receiving my message?

I don't know who you are replying to.
The only way to reply to me is to type your message on this page and send it to me.
May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?
When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've already done this. This is the 3rd time of replying to you. Can you come on line so I can solve the problem of connecting printer to computer?

Incorrect. You are sending messages to somewhere else. If you don't see the messages on this page, then I don't see them either.
May I remote in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There seems to be no other way of replying to you than in this box, reply to expert. If you are not getting my messages I don't know why?? You can remote in if you like.

Please, click the following link and choose to run the remote application: http://198.0.229.43:8040/?Session=f6387f08-16dc-4816-8cee-2d0e0368706d
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you going on screen to help me solve this problem. So far I haven't received any information to solve my problem and I've spent £20 for nothing.

I'm trying to help you.
Have you clicked the link and ran the remote application?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes.

It is not running, which means I am not connected.
Did you run the application? Did you have any problems?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I didn't have any problems although at the end it did not print out that the procedure had been done. That was all.

I am asking you about the remote application.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you mean connecting to my wi-fi. I downloaded that application but it hasn't worked?

- Please, click the following link, download that file, and run the file: https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webdownload=true
- Then download and allow that remote app to run.
- Once it is finished, please, tell me the 9 digit number that appears on the top of your screen.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I finally downloaded the remote but I'm not a computer person and didn't understand it. I think I have confused you. My MG 3250 is connected to my computer my problem is that I can't get the scanner connected to my computer. Can you help?

I can help.
Please, let me know when you are ready to continue.
Please, do not create duplicate questions.
Are you ready to begin now?
Please, stop making duplicate questions. Doing so, may incur an extra cost.
Please, continue on this page.
You have created several duplicate questions.
Please, stop doing that.
Please, continue here and only on this page.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jason, What information can you need. I have a Canon MG 3250 printer with a scanner that just prints out. It's a simple question how can I apply the scanner to scan a document and send to a computer file? There is no more information. How do I do this? Is there software I need to download? The answers I get are unsatisfactory. Please tell me how this is done - it's not rocket science? You keep saying need more info. There is no more than the question I have asked and I've wasted more time today and got nowhere.

Hello Yvonne,
Thank you for the update.