Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

following recent updates, my galaxy tab 3 is very slow in connecting

following recent updates, my galaxy tab 3 is very slow in connecting to the internet and I cannot connect to various downloaded apps such as Sky go!
Category: Networking
Expert:  Netman70 replied 2 years ago.
Netman70 :

Hi, Welcome to just answers, My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Netman70 :

try to boot into safe mode first. (Power off. While holding BOTH the volume up and volume down, press the power button. Keep the volume buttons pressed until the tab boots to the homescreen.) You should see "Safe Mode" at the bottom left corner. This means that all the apps you downloaded are not running. If it's still slow, it's still under warranty, so I'd ask for a replacement.

If it runs okay in safe mode, it's one of the apps you're installing that's causing the problem. Uninstall them all, then install them one by one, testing after each one to see if the tab slowed down.

(To get out of safe mode, just turn the tab off the normal way, then turn it on again, and you'll have all your apps back.)

Customer:

under notifications, it is telling me that an SD card has been inserted and given me the choice to 'unmounts SD card' or 'Go to my files'. Any suggestions?

Expert:  Netman70 replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Netman70 replied 2 years ago.
I cannot see your reply, can you repost it please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Under 'notifications' the SD card icon keeps coming up. it tells me that an SD card has been inserted and gives me the choice to unmount SD card or 'go to my files'. No idea why.....only happening since these updates which seem to have caused a host of problems!!

Expert:  Netman70 replied 2 years ago.
Choose unmount SD
Expert:  Netman70 replied 2 years ago.
I have to log off and attend a meeting so I will open this question back up for the other experts...

Have a Great Christmas!!!
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed network professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you still need help with this? If needed, just swipe on that notification from left to right in order to clear it.

If needed, power off tablet, then remove the SD card, then if needed, insert the SD card back, then power on and check.

When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so we can continue. Thank you,

Experience: Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.