Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Network Architect
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

my kindle will not accept my password

Customer Question

my kindle will not accept my password
Category: Networking
Expert:  RandyNetwork Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is***** will assist you, I am a licensed network professional with over 20 years of experience in this area.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Please try this on your Kindle>press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle> then try and connect again.

• To connect to Wi-Fi follow these steps:
  • Tap the Quick Settings icon
  • Select Wi-Fi.
  • Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
  • Your home network should appear in the list.
  • Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network if it requires a password.
  • Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard. BE SURE TO ENTER THE CHARACTERS EXACTLY, AS THEY ARE CASE SENSITIVE, UPPER CASE AND LOWERCASE(CAPS AND non caps)
  • If you need help locating your password ***** me know.
  • Then Tap Connect.
  • If that fails> try this next please...
  • press the Home button, then press the Menu button.
  • Navigate to "Settings" by moving the 5-way controller down, then press the 5-way controller to select.
  • Select "view" next to "Wi-Fi Settings" to display a list of detected Wi-Fi networks. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindle detects networks in range. The Wi-Fi network you are currently connected to displays the word "forget" next to it in the list of available networks.
  • Choose "forget" to disconnect from the network.
Then try to connect again>
  1. Make sure you are within range of the network you want to add, and that you know the network name and password (if required).
  2. Press the Home button, then press the Menu button.
  3. Navigate to "Settings" by moving the 5-way controller down, then press the 5-way controller to select.
  4. Select "view" next to "Wi-Fi Settings" to display a list of detected Wi-Fi networks.
  5. Use the 5-way controller to navigate down to "Enter other Wi-Fi network" and press to select.
  6. Enter the name of the Wi-Fi network that you want to add.
  7. Enter the password (if required). Press the Symbol key to enter numbers or characters not present on the Kindle keyboard. You can continue to use the keyboard while the Symbol menu is displayed.
  8. Choose "submit." Kindle connects to the new Wi-Fi network.
  9. .

.

.

.

.

.

Please let me know if this does not work for you, or if you need any other assistance and we will continue working on your issue.
    Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
    Thank you very much!
    .
    .
    .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

still unable to connect to kindle

okay, what is the brand and model of your wireless router?
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.
If at any point, you decide that a phone call would be more productive please let me know.Mike