p0llinate
p0llinate, Consultant
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

I have an MG 6150 printer and have just bought an iPad air2

Customer Question

I have an MG 6150 printer and have just bought an iPad air2 on IOS 8, can I print from it and if so how?
Category: Networking
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Sorry to hear you're having trouble,

Nathan :

unfortunately this is an older (2009 model) and predates the "airprint" standards required to print directly from ios to the printer via wifi.

Nathan :

Now that doesn't mean it is impossible, but it is more involved, and has a lot of limitations. You can try installing a canon printer app from the app store, which would give you limited functionality to print photos for example.

Nathan :

There are also several 3rd party (paid) apps that will accomplish similar functions, but none are going to give you direct access to print any web page, email, etc right from the ipad without having to do a screen shot, copy/paste images, etc and then print via an external app

Nathan :

This is a limitation of the printer.

Nathan :

There is no way around that, I'm sorry to say.

Nathan :

Rating me poorly won't fix the problem, or affect your payment. It isn't communicated with the maker of your product, or this site.

Rather a negative rating only serves to harm my professional reputation, and is effectively blaming me for your hardware issue. This is extremely unfair to me, when I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I could lose my job because of your rating.

Nathan :

I can recommend a replacement printer for you, if you'd like, which will have the required features. But I cannot force your older printer to work with the new ipad, it just isn't that simple.