RandyNetwork Tech
RandyNetwork Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Network Technician
62741268

Hello - my Kindle Fire is getting a good Wi-Fi connection but

Customer Question

Hello - my Kindle Fire is getting a good Wi-Fi connection but the signal strength indicator at the top of the screen shows an "x" and I cannot open my e-mail. What should I do please?
Category: Networking
Expert:  RandyNetwork Tech replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Please try this on your Kindle>press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle> then try and connect again.

• To connect to Wi-Fi follow these steps:
  • Tap the Quick Settings icon
  • Select Wi-Fi.
  • Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
  • Your home network should appear in the list.
  • Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network if it requires a password.
  • Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard. BE SURE TO ENTER THE CHARACTERS EXACTLY, AS THEY ARE CASE SENSITIVE, UPPER CASE AND LOWERCASE(CAPS AND non caps)
  • If you need help locating your password ***** me know.
  • Then Tap Connect.
  • In the future your Kindle will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Please let me know if this does not work for you, if you need any other assistance and we will continue working on your issue.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!
.
.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The problem appeared to have been solved instantly when I switched on again- but then the next time I switched on a few minutes later the problem occurred again and I still cannot access e-mail. Where do I find the Quick Settings Icon please?

Okay, no problem. The quick settings icon is at the top right of your screen when you swipe down. It logs like a gear.
Try unplugging the power to your router for 1 minute then try the reset again on the kindle.