Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

I have reset my Kindle as I lost Wi Fi connection and have

I have reset my Kindle as I lost Wi Fi connection and have tried my sign in password ***** Amazon account to no avail. I have also tried my BT Internet password ***** to no avail. What can I do?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed network professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the kindle asking for your Wi-Fi / wireless password? or Amazon account password?

What is the brand/model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?

Do you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows 8.1. Toshiba laptop is wi fi connected as I type this. It is asking for wi fi password ***** BTHub3-2NXZ and I don't know where to look for it. Router is BT Open Reach. I have just this moment discovered a pull out on the router that shows a wireless WPS pin No and also an Admin password. Is one of these what I need?

It's not the admin password. At the back/bottom of the BT hub / router, do you see the wireless password ***** network key / wpa /wep, etc.? If yes, can you try it (it is case-sensitive.)

If that does not work, on the toshiba windows 8.1 laptop, please try the following:

- Go to the Desktop screen mode
, then right-click on the wireless icon at the bottom right of the screen, then click on Open Network and Sharing Center
Then click on your wireless network name on the right of Connections.
Then click on Wireless Properties.
Then click on the Security tab.
Then select the box at Show characters.
Then you will see the Network security key above it, that is your wireless / Wi-Fi password (it is case-sensitive).

When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so we can continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried the wireless key as you suggested and it will not connect the Kindle

What is the exact error or message when entering the wireless key on your kindle? Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The Kindle message is:

Unable to connect to Wi Fi Network.

The password ***** ***** or invalid.

Your Kindle is unable to connect to the WI Fi network BTHub3-2NXZ,

do you wish to enter the password ***** or set up this network manually.

If you enter a wrong password (not the same wireless key), does it give the same error message "Unable to connect to Wi Fi Network"? Or a different message?

Did you get the wireless key on the router? Or on the toshiba laptop?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As you suggested I got it from networking centre on the laptop. On previous incorrect passwords before contacting you I received the same message.

Sorry, that is strange. So the kindle was working fine with this router previously? Can you disconnect the power cord from the router for a few minutes, then reconnect, then check? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done that and my Kindle has connected. Thanks. I have paid a one off £28 for your help and do NOT want a monthly contract.

You're welcome. Great. Monthly support subscription is only optional. This is a one-time support session per your request. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience