Richard, Network Architect
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

I have a Samsung 32"TV, it is connected to the internet but

Customer Question

I have a Samsung 32"TV, it is connected to the internet but in the Hub it will not connect my Browser, it just shows a small revolving circle and nothing more.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
, thank you JustAnswer.com. . I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You may have to adjust Internet Settings on your Samsung Smart TV, using the MENU system the TV includes, which may be invoked and navigated through using the MENU button on the TV itself, or on the remote TV itself.

Or, your hub may not be connected to internet. Look at the indicator lights on the hub - is there an Internet or a WAN light on it, if so, it should be steady.

If the Internet or WAN light on the hub is not both On and steady (as opposed to flashing), then you need to turn Off both the hub and the TV.

Then wait 5 minutes.

Then power On the hub, and wait lights to go steady. Esp., the internet light. (If the internet light on the hub never steadies, remains Off or flashes endlessly, then you may need to call your internet service provider - it could well be that it is their problem.)

After 2 minutes or more, anyway, also turn On the Samsung TV, and try to connect to the internet through a browser, after about 3 minutes time from its being terned On.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The Hub is not a separate item so doesn't have lights, it is one of the programmes, you click on Hub on the remote and get a selection of other programmes such as Channels- Movies- Search etc and including Browser, which used to bring up the internet but doesn't now, I have checked the Menu and network settings and it says 'Connected to internet' so I am at a complete loss.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
What does the browser logo look like, before you start it?

Or if it has no logo before you start it, what is the full name of the browser? just 'Browser' ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't wish to be disrespectful but it would appear that you have never seen a Samsung Smart TV, I attach three photos, two of the screen and one of the remote. I switch on the TV, which works fine, I then click on to the Hub which brings up the screen as shown, I then click on the Web Browser which used to connect to the internet but now just shows a small revolving circle and nothing else.

Sorry, cannot find any way to make an attachment, maybe you can gather the problem from the description---or tell me how to make an attachment!!!!

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

If you post a photo on Wikisend.com, copy the URL of the posting to your Reply, I will be able to see the photo that way.
(Wikisend.com is easy to use, requires no registration and no fee whatever, and lacks all drawbacks as far as I can tell.)

Do other apps work, at present? e.g. Facebook app, or other apps that have internet functions ?

(Additional:)

One thing deserves checking: whether the router box or WiFi router, that your TV gets internet through, is in a good status. Try unplugging the router box, then leaving it unplugged + minutes, then plugging it in again, and waiting + minutes or until its lights stabilize, then try connecting the TV to internet or using other apps. That might perhaps be just what is needed in this case.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I hope that I have done it correctly and you receive the photos but I am 88 years old and not too good on the computer.
The Router is fine, I am running a Tablet and Mobile phone off it quite well and all other Apps work and as I said previously the network settings clearly show that the TV is connected to the internet.

The URL is,http://wikisend.com/download/631884/CCF11012015.pdf)CCF11012015.pdf(URL)

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
The pictures came through just fine, and illustrate the case admirably.

So how is your Samsung smart TV connected to the router, or to the internet?

Wireless connection, by WiFi ?

or a wired connection, by Ethernet / network wire/cable ?

If wired, check that cable, at both ends first (unplug, and reseat firmly after brief examination of both plug on cable and the jack it goes into), and along its length.

If wireless... try re-connecting, via the TV's controls and MENU settings.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is a bit complicated, here in Spain we do not get English programmes normally they have to come by internet so I have a Linux box which has an ethernet cable direct from the router and then an HTMI cable to the TV and it works fine, I get all the channels that I want so it is working okey, I want the Browser on the TV else, it does many things, my Tablet and phone work on Wi-Fi and another Linux box in the bedroom works on a TP-Link, and so does my Humax box. Everything is okey except this stupid browser, that was working ok up to about a week ago. I have tried everything I can think of but to no avail.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Since I (regrettably) have no further ideas about the problem, I have Opted Out, with apologies, opening the case to other experts in this category.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
there and welcome
Cn you go to the Network settings on the TV please.
Seet the DNS server to 8.8.8.8
Save this and tell me if it now connects correctly.
Let me know the results please.