Richard, Network Architect
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

I have a draytek vigor 2860vn plus router into which I have

Customer Question

I have a draytek vigor 2860vn plus router into which I have installed a 4G vodafone dongle. It looks like the connections are all working but I don't have internet. I have tested the 4G router on a PC and it is all working fine.
Category: Networking
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Happy to wait. Thanks.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The problem is that this model only supports DSL, ADSL, 3G and Ethernet-based Broadband. It will not support 4G sorry and this is why, whilst all appears to work, it wont connect to the internet, as it cannot perform the 4G connection.
You will need a modem that allows for 4G.
The Draytek VigorFly 210 will support this.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.