Russell H.
Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

I use Apple products. My Epson printer goes offline and I have

Customer Question

I use Apple products. My Epson printer goes offline and I have to restart my desktop to get it back online. Help please
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I would advise you to turn Off the current Epson printer, then remove its entry from the printers list by selecting it (and anything similar listed there), and using the - button to remove that entry.
Then restart the computer.
Then download the driver for your printer, for your MAC OS X version, from Epson's website.
(Let me know your MAC OS X version, and your printer model #, and I will isntruct you how to do that.)

Then install the CUPS driver, or XPS driver (whichever it is that is appropriate for a networked connection), and lastly try the printer again.

After which, I would advise you to try replacing your wireless router, if the communication is through it.