A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Network Administrator
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

I have been given a Toshiba Satellite C55 A 1HN which with

Customer Question

I have been given a Toshiba Satellite C55 A 1HN which with no screen display although a very faint image can be seen at certain angles (similar to backlight issues) A new screen does the same. The laptop boots into windows with no issues on an external monitor. I have tried all of the normal checks of battery, ram, new cmos battery etc but no change. Do you have any ideas?
Category: Networking
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 2 years ago.
A. Stevens :

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

A. Stevens :

So at this time, you've already replaced the LCD screen once correct?

A. Stevens :

There are a few other components that could be causing this issue

A. Stevens :

One could be the cable connecting the board and the LCD is defective

JACUSTOMER-vbwc1obr- :

I agree but these do not fail very often and they are difficult to get for this model.

A. Stevens :

I assume you've tried resetting the connection already?

JACUSTOMER-vbwc1obr- :

Yes I have

A. Stevens :

Do you know how old the Toshiba is?

JACUSTOMER-vbwc1obr- :

It has windows 8 installed so about 2 years

A. Stevens :

I see...

A. Stevens :

I'm afraid if you already replaced the screen, and tried resetting the connection, you may have some other faulty hardware (IE on the motherboard) that may not be worth replacing.

A. Stevens :

The reason I ask is that sometimes the manufacturer (Toshiba) might replace it even if it is out of warranty.

A. Stevens :

That might be your best bet at this point.

A. Stevens :

But I took a look at the price of the unit, and it proabably wouldn't be worth trying to repair with out of pocket cost.