Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

I have a galaxy tab 2 7.0 and I am having trouble connecting

I have a galaxy tab 2 7.0 and I am having trouble connecting to the internet. I think that the wifi password ***** been incorrectly entered and now 'incorrect password' keeps appearing thus preventing an internet connection. How can I rectify this problem and enter the correct password
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 2 years ago.
! Thank you question. I am a licensed network professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does it give you the option to enter the Wi-Fi / wireless password *****? And/or does it give you any other option?

Do you know how to check / confirm your Wi-Fi password?

What is the model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?

Do you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I understood that I had responded to your questions but I note that status is 'waiting '. I have a dell computer with a sky router mod.sky06194. I have windows 8.1. I do not know how to check/confirm the wi-fi password ***** was initially entered on the tablet. I know what it should be by reading it off the router.

In settings and beside my wi fi network skyo619 it states ' authentication error occurred.

I am given the option to re-enter the password ***** with the options to cancel/forget/connect

Thank you. Was the tablet working fine with your router previously? Or is this a new tablet? Or new router? etc.?

Is your Windows 8.1 computer connected to the router with a cable? Or is it wireless?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The tablet was working fine with the router used by my niece. It now belongs to me at another location. It works fine if I go to her wi fi area.

my computer is connected to the router with a cable.

Can I connect remotely to your windows 8.1 computer, so I can check / confirm the router's wi-fi password ***** through your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not au fait with connection but my router's wi-fi password ***** *****

That's the router's default wi-fi password, but your niece or someone might have changed the router's wi-fi password ***** Can I connect remotely to your computer and retrieve the correct wi-fi password ***** you? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How can that happen and how secure is my data on my computer?

It is secure; you can watch everything I do on the screen, and you can stop any time using your mouse. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=2321b913-234b-4bd4-8cb5-c44b7a7b53b5

Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Please rate my service below. Thank you very much.