Claws224
Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I have just purchased a Canon Pixma MG5550 printer and I am

Customer Question

I have just purchased a Canon Pixma MG5550 printer and I am trying to link it to a HP laptop with a Widows 8 operating system using a wireless connection. The WLAN is active, but when I try to "add another printer" in the control panel window it asks WPS pin printer. Where do I find this?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 2 years ago.

Grant! Thank you question. I am a licensed network professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?

Did you go to the WLAN / Wireless LAN setup option on the printer device in order to connect to your wireless network name first?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

BT Home Hub 3.0 Settings - Type B.

Yes, I followed the instructions on the CD regarding setup.

To confirm: On the printer device, then you would press the Home button, then go to the the option WLAN -> Wireless LAN Setup, then press the red Reset/Stop button, then select the Standard setup option, and connect to your wireless network name first. The printer showed "Connected to the access point" right?

Now, when you install the printer CD disk on the computer, when prompted, select the wireless option, then does it detect the printer?

Please let me know. Thank you.