Richard, Network Architect
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

having trouble setting up

having trouble setting up
Category: Networking
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Which part of the installation are you stuck on?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Frown

ihave put in cartridges and disk wf 2530 . I want to know what to do next. for. example How do I print from my laptop? . Model C 471B Edna

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Did you run the disc?
How is the printer connected to the computer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes did run the disc. there is no connection for the laptop. Sorry.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I meant are you trying to connect it using a usb cable or wireless?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no . there was only main ccnnection received. No other cables etc.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I apologize but I need to opt out and move this to networking.
.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can I ask, is your computer connected to the wireless network? Do you have a wireless router?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my laptop is connected to my telephone, together with the router .Thank you.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, so your computer is connected to your router.
Have you connected the printer also to the router?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there is no connection to connect laptop to printer.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
There is a USB connection but if you dont have the cable, you need to set it up directly to your wireless network.
Can you follow the instructions on my link below to do this please
Click me to view
Once you have set it up to connect to the wireless network, you can then run the installation on your computer for it to connect to the printer.
Let me know the results please
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,
I see that you have left me a poor rating, instead of continuing to communicate with me.
Was that a mistake?
Please, let me know how else, I can be of assistance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard, I regret I was unable to carry out instructions. This printer is very complicated, so I am going to call on a technician. This is no reflection on your ability and I thank you for all your help. Edna

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok Edna, but you gave me a very bad rating, basically a complain about me, was this by mistake?
If not, can you correct the rating of my service please here?
Richard, Network Architect
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking