Richard, Network Architect
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

I have a TPLink -Linking the house that has stopped working

I have a TPLink -Linking the house that has stopped working to connect me to the Internet my main rounter is in the shed office in the garden any ideas please
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you give me the model of the link please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The Model number is *****
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
To confirm, are they both plugged directly into the power sockets Lyn? And not via a power board?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes both plug in
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
On the top of the adapters is a small hole
Use a pen and press both of them down while it is plugged in, for 3 seconds, then release.
This then resets them
Do this and then tell me please if they function.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Afraid still not working
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is one of the adapters that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that the problem continues confirms this.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the adapters to have them replaced. It will be covered by the warranty, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.