RandyNetwork Tech
RandyNetwork Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Network Technician
62741268

I cannot log on to a Wi-Fi network. My Kindle tells me it cannot

Customer Question

I cannot log on to a Wi-Fi network. My Kindle tells me it cannot meet this request or that I have multiple screens open or who knows? I have several books awaiting delivery and I'd be grateful help.
Category: Networking
Expert:  RandyNetwork Tech replied 2 years ago.
, My name is***** will assist you, I am a licensed network professional.

Please try this on your Kindle>press and hold the power button seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle> then try and connect again.

• To connect to Wi-Fi follow these steps:
  • Tap the Quick Settings icon
  • Select Wi-Fi.
  • Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
  • Your home network should appear in the list.
  • Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network if it requires a password.
  • Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard. BE SURE TO ENTER THE CHARACTERS EXACTLY, AS THEY ARE CASE SENSITIVE, UPPER CASE AND LOWERCASE(CAPS AND non caps)
  • If you need help locating your password ***** me know.
  • Then Tap Connect.
  • In the future your Kindle will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.
.

.

.

.

.

.

Please let me know if this does not work , if you need any other assistance and we will continue working on your issue.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!
.
.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm afraid this does not work. My BT home hub is 5 - PJP5 and this does not appear on the list

What shall I try now?

(Thanks !)

On the Hub 5 you'll find the network name (SSID) and wireless key on the Hub settings card on the back. This, and other information, is also displayed on a label underneath the Hub.

What is the SSID on your label?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

SSID is BTHub5-PJP5

Wireless key is a98c987dea

Admin password *****

Okay, thank you.Do you have any wireless networks showing in the list of available networks on the kindle?