Richard, Network Architect
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

I have a Canon Pixma MG5250 Printer which I have been using

I have a Canon Pixma MG5250 Printer which I have been using successfully on WiFi time. Recently I used Mackeeper to cleanup my Mac and since then an error message 300 'Unable to connect to computer' has been showing and no printing. This error code is not mentioned in the User Guide?
I have reset from the printer keypad the access code, IP address and the blue light is on signifying WiFi connection but still the error message and no printing remains.
Can you help please?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Have you attempted to reinstall the printer on the Mac? Can you do this please and tell me if it is able to complete the installation.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I have re-installed the Canon Printer software without any improvement.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you please remove the power from the wifi router and wait 5 minutes.
While waiting, power the printer off.
Then power on the wifi router and wait 5 minutes to start.
Power on the printer, restart the computer and tell me if you can now print please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Carried out as above and I am now able to print, thank you.

Please tell me did you find out the meaning of the error message '300.etc' It is not mentioned in the literature or on the Canon web site?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Not from any literature as it is not documented, but I have seen the error code many times problem, so have worked out how to fix it.
You will be ok now
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.