Richard, Network Architect
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

I have a Samsung wireless Lan adaptor W1S12ABQNX which

I have a Samsung wireless Lan adaptor W1S12ABQNX which was working fine with my Samsung smart TV UE40D5520RK giving me access to my Amazon Prime Instant Film & video account......Half way through a film the picture started to pixelate and then disappeared totally......I have been unable to reconnect to any such service since......my PC and Notebook are connecting normally via the BT Homehub 2 and I can access These services via the Wireless notebook.
It would appear therefore that the Lan Adaptor has an issue....would you agree.....if so what are my options please
Peter Mills
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
I need to know some things Peter before concluding the adapter is the issue.
First, what is the exact error you get with Amazon?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I hit the Amazon prime button to connect to their service a box appears on screen a second sometimes a few seconds saying - Connecting - this box disappears and is replaced with a box saying - network interference cannot connect try again later

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Peter
Can you remove the power from the TV and wait 5 minutes.
Then connect the power, and try to access Amazon.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I should have added that every night I dis-connect the mains power to the TV and DVD set up

Peter

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Peter
Remove the power from your wireless router and wait 5 minutes.
Then plug the power back in, restart the TV and tell me please if you still get the error.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did remove power etc and reply...I must not have reached you.

I disconnected power and the Lan adaptor.

On restarting I had to reset the access of Lan adaptor to Home hub .....in doing so, the message came on-screen.....

Cannot connect to router with diagram showing no connection between the adaptor and the router......it suggested checking connections and router, which we know is working correctly

Peter

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Last test, on the Hub, hold the reset button on it seconds, then release.
Let the HUB reset and when it has (takes about 5 minutes) restart the TV.
Tell me if it then has a connection please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay Richard tested as requested and still cannot connect to router

Peter

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the Lan Adapter that has faulted. We have now confirmed this.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Adapter to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you, but this needs to be done.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.