Richard, Network Architect
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

I have lost my internet wireless connection. My set up is

I have lost my internet wireless connection.
My set up is I have the modem in the bedroom and the you view box by the TV in the lounge. I use 2 power boosters to make it work. This is working fine, and the internet was until recently. I now cannot find any wireless connections, (wireless connections is switched on) It was was all working fine but know I can only get internet thru cable
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the make and model of the power boosters please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The make is D-Link and modelDHP 300AV.

I think my problem is that when a cable is being used my TalkTalk network is listed and it works. However without the cable and wireless switched on the network is not on the wireless list although another TaljTalk is.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, the other Talktalk is your neighbour.
But it needs the cable connected and the wireless switched on, else it will not give out a wireless signal nor would it have internet.
Can you ensure your using the cable please as it will then work.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes with the cable plugged into the laptop it works fine.

Before I had the cable connected to the TV Talk Talk box and I had my laptop working wireless anywhere in the house.

In the list of available connections when the cable is in my network is listed

when it is'nt the network is not there like it used to be. How do I get it back.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sorry its not exactly clear what you mean.
Can you connect the Laptop to the wireless network? If not, what stops you from doing this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No

Using the available conns icon on laptop, my Talk conn is not listed.and I cannot find a way to do it

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Which version of windows are you using?
I can also do these steps , and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) . Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.