Richard, Network Architect
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

I am trying to set up my new Epson XP-322 printer. The printer

Customer Question

I am trying to set up my new Epson XP-322 printer. The printer screen says the wifi connection has been made but on my laptop screen it keeps telling me it can't find a printer. What's going wrong?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power from the wifi router and wait 5 minutes.
then connect the power, and wait 5 minutes and then try to complete the setup.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard.

As you know, your advice fixed my connection problem for setting up my new printer. However I'm now finding that almost every time I go to use it I have to go through the switch on/switch off regime you told me about. Surely this shouldn't be necessary.

Jennifer.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No it should not be
It sounds as though the wifi router is faulting so I want to rule this out first.
What is the make and model of the wifi router?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's a BT Hub 3.0 with ADSL connection.

Jennifer.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Jennifer
On the Hub is a reset button, hold this in for 10 seconds, then release.
Wait 5 minutes then restart your computer and the printer and try to print and tell me if you still have the problem.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it did print but I could get it to print using the switch off/switch on regime. The proof now will be if it will print when I switch my computer on again tomorrow without going through that regime again! Thanks again for your help.

Jennifer.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome Jennifer.
Let me know how it goes please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Willdo.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Richard. I'm afraid the problem persists! Every time I start a session I have to go through process of switching off & back on again. Otherwise it just won't print! Is there anything else I can do!
Jennifer .
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Jennifer
Just to be sure, try to reset the hub again via the reset button.
Does it still have the issue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. I have used the reset button at the start of several sessions but the issue remains. Do you think the problem is the hub or the printer? I just know what will happen. I'll contact BT & they'll say it's the printer. I'll contact Epson & they'll say it's the hub. At least if I can quote the opinion of an expert I might get somewhere!

Jennifer.

I have submitted this response, waited for the 15 mins I was told it would take to answer, received the message that you had answered but I can't find your answer anywhere!!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please see my reply which I have already submitted about 20 minutes ago!