Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

I have a HP OfficeJetPro

Customer Question

I have a HP OfficeJetPro 8610 with wireless connectivity. My desktop is an Imac and I use a Ipad. Since yesterday the printer is not visible to either machine despite the Wireless Network Test report all showing positives. Please can you help?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Cliff! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed network professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please make sure you've tried the followings:

1. Disconnect the power cords from the printer and the modem/router device(s) for a few minutes, then reconnect.

2. Connect the printer to your wifi/wireless network name:

1. On the printer touch screen, touch the Right Arrow to display the second navigation screen.
  2. Touch the Setup icon. The Setup Menu screen displays.
  3. Touch Network, touch Wireless Setup Wizard, and then touch Continue.
  4. Connect to your wireless network name. Make sure it is successful.

3. If needed, delete / re-add the printer on your Mac computer:

1. Click on the Apple logo / menu, then select System Preferences, then Print & Fax (or Print & Scan.)
  2. Click on the HP printer there, then click on the - (minus) button at the bottom left in order to delete / remove it for now.
  3. Make sure the printer is powered on.
  4. Click on the + (plus) at the bottom left, and it should detect your HP wireless printer, then add it.
  5. Check printing.

4. If needed, on the iPad, go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset network settings, and and confirm reset

, then wait a bit, then go to Settings -> Wi-Fi and connect to your wireless network name

, then check printing.

(Note: Both the printer and the iPad must connect to the same exact wireless network name. If the Mac computer is wireless also, then make sure the Mac computer is also connected to the same exact wireless network name.)

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Viet,

Sadly your suggestion did not work.

As stated in my question I had already tried the 'rebooting' route without success.

Would reloading the Print Driver be of any help?

Best regards,

I'm sorry, for step #1, I just wanted to confirm that you have rebooted all devices.

For step #2, do you mean you have gone to the option "Wireless Setup Wizard" on the printer device, and it's connected to your wireless network name successfully?

- Is there a reset / network reset / default option on printer?

For step #3, when you click on the + button in Print & Fax or Scan, it does not see your hp printer?

- Reinstalling the printer on the computer likely won't help since the iPad does not see the printer either. And even if the driver is corrupted or not installed, the computer should still see the worked printer. But it does not hurt reinstalling the printer software cd disk or download.

For step #4, were you able to reset network settings on the iPad?

All the devices are connected to the same exact wireless network name right?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
To be honest Viet, I think this is all of a con-trick. After 8 hours of waiting you tell me that the answer is so complicated that you need to surcharge me 250%. I request a refund and amazingly within 10 minutes you suggest that I reboot the system. 40+ hours later we are still struggling to come up with an answer otherthan the bleeding obvious. If you can help, please say so. Forget the refund, I'll simply never use or recommend Just Answer ever again.

I'm sorry, you kept mentioning only about rebooting the system, I'm not sure what you mean as I've provided other troubleshooting also, not just rebooting the system. I'm not sure about the billing issue; there is no additional cost. And I do not see that you have requested a refund at this web page. I'm the computer tech, so I'll have our customer service contacts you to confirm about the billing issue. Also, it seems you do not want to continue with me, so I'll have other experts check on this issue for you, if you'd like to. Don't worry, we always guarantee our service. Thank you.