Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, LAN/WAN Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 10 years experience designing and maintaining computer network circuits and systems.
76287196

I have 2 computers and 1 wireless printer ( Canon MG 3550).

Customer Question

I have 2 computers and 1 wireless printer ( Canon MG 3550). I can print from the first, but not the second as, apparently, the first is "creating print data". How do I clear/stop this so that I can print from the second one?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 2 years ago.
JoelK :

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. My goal is to provide professional advice and excellent customer service.

JoelK :

Please tell me the operating systems of both of your computers, indicating which on works and which one does not work.

JACUSTOMER-0xirhenl- :

The operating system of the computer which can print is Windows 7 Home Premium, and the one that does not work is Windows 8.1. Please note that the latter did work for a short time, I have had a computer consultant (?!) to look at it and after being unsuccessful in curing the problem as well as reinstalling the printer driver advised that Canon printers do have problems with Windows 8.1 and suggested I bought, say, an Epson or HP.

JoelK :

That is the first I have heard of that. I really like Canon printers. Let's see if we can get this working. What is the model of your Canon printer?

JACUSTOMER-0xirhenl- :

The model is MG3550.

JoelK :

First go to Control Panel > View Devices and Printers and delete the printer icons for your Canon MG3550. Then go to Control Panel > Uninstall A Program and uninstall all Canon software.

Then copy and paste the following link into the url field in your browser to download and install the latest drivers for your printer:

http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/products/Fax__Multifunctionals/InkJet/PIXMA_MG_series/PIXMA_MG3550.aspx?type=download&language=EN&os=Windows 8.1

JACUSTOMER-0xirhenl- :

Just going out for the day so will do your suggestion later this afternoon and respond accordingly

JACUSTOMER-0xirhenl- :

Have deleted all Canon icons and uninstalled all Canon software apart form "Canon MG3500 series MP drivers". This is being prevented because there is a pdf file still being deleted, and "cancelling all documents" and switching the computer off and on has no effect. Any suggestions, please!?

JoelK :

Click on Document > Cancel for the specific document. This is more effective than Printer > Cancel All Documents. It may help to go to Printer > Pause Printing first. Be sure to remove the Pause Printing check mark after the document has been deleted.

JoelK :

I know it can be difficult to clear the print queue when it is stuck. You have to keep trying. You must do this in order to proceed. You can try using the three finger salute--CTRL-ALT-DEL--to get to the Task Manager. You may be able to end the task that way.

Joel Kalman, LAN/WAN Engineer
Experience: I have more than 10 years experience designing and maintaining computer network circuits and systems.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks for your patience. Unfortunately the problem has not been solved. Firstly I cannot find the file being deleted, namely "download.pdf", and using CAD to get into Task Manager and clicking to "EndTask" on Canon IJ Drive Uninstaller had no effect.

Dear Myles,

THANK YOU FOR THE EXCELLENT SERVICE RATING. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

You know, you really should not turn your computer off by using the power switch or disconnecting the power cable. That is a non-normal unexpected shutdown that leaves fragments in the registry. A fragmented registry could be causing the problems you are having.

The recommended way to shut down or restart your computer is by using the Start Menu for Windows 7 or the Charms for Windows 8. This allows the computer to do an orderly termination of all running processes, and closes all open windows while remembering the display preferences.

If you cannot get past this problem, I can help you restore your computer to its uncorrupted state. This would be an Additional Service. Please let me know if you want my assistance.

Hi Myles,
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Please let me know.
Joel
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks for your help, Joel. After many unsuccessful attempts I managed to uninstall the final Canon programme then reinstall using your attachment. I can now print again!!!

Hi Myles-

Thanks for letting me know that you have been able to resolve your printer problem. I am glad that you printer is working now.

-Joel