Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I run media to my pc through a DSL 2640 router via

I run virgin media to my pc through a DSL 2640 router via an ethernet cable quite successfully, but when I try to register my wifes kindle by wi-fi, it refuses saying unable to connect. I have tried using the password "admin" as specified on the bottom of the router. Kindle says password ***** short. I have tried my virgin media password, Kindle says wrong password. I took it to my place of work, where it seemed to run OK, but as soon as I came home again it went searching for a new wifi network and I was back to square 1 What am i doing wrong?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question. First off, please open up the following link on your PC:

http://192.168.0.1/

Do you get a login prompt on the page that opens up?

Keep me posted.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No It just opens up a google page with all possible variations on the numbers h

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay. May I set up a quick remote session, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you with recovering the password ***** your wireless network?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=05204878-65e8-4dc8-8fdf-1e97d0ece987
Click 'I agree', then download the remote tool when prompted. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser.
OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected.
If you face any issues, just reply back to me below.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
If you need more help, please use the Reply tab to continue our conversation.
If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service accordingly. Thank you!