IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have a newMG6650 printer connected wirelessly to my hub.

I have a newMG6650 printer connected wirelessly to my hub. The blue light remains on constantly. Every morning the printer does not respond to printing requests and the only way I can get it to print is by disabling my IPv6 address (as advised by Canon support). What is wrong here before I go off and buy a cable? Regards ***** ***** have done a factory reset of the lan settings. Also, when I try to update the firmware from the printer, I get a message saying unable to access the internet.

Category: Networking
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

If the printer was set up to obtain IP address automatically (via DHCP), it could be that the IP address automatically change every day, so that would explain why it is not responding.

I suggest setting up a static IP address for your printer. I am sure it will help.

If you don't know how to do it, let me know so that I can instruct you.

Regards,
IT Miro
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

some help with this would be great.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
I can show you how to do that using remote desktop assistance to your computer. It is fully secure and we will be able to chat as well.

Would you like me to do that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
In order for me to connect, you need to download a remote desktop connection program to your computer and start it.

We can use TeamViewer to securely establish remote desktop connection and exchange information. You will be able to see everything I am doing on your computer and you can terminate the remote connection any time.

Please click on the link below to download TeamViewer QuickSupport:

http://connect.teamviewer.com/v10

Once you have downloaded it, start it and permit the connection. When started, the blue TeamViewer window will show you access numbers - Your ID and Password.

Send that information to me here so that I can securely connect to your computer.

Thanks,
IT Miro
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have just attached my printer to the pc by cable. Shall I disconnect this for the purpose of what you are about to do?

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Sure, connect it back to network.

Start TeamViewer per my instructions and let me know the ID and Password ***** that I can connect to your computer and check the issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ID 567 293 656

PW 8227

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Connected.