Richard, Network Architect
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

Had youview new box few weeeks. O.K until a few days

Had youview new box for a few weeeks. O.K until a few days ago since when I have had 'unable to connect' etc. at top of TV screen Router connections seem OK also on/offs
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you remove the power from the youview box and wait 10 minutes.
While waiting, remove the power from your internet router, wait 5 minutes and connect the power
Then connect the power to the youvuew box and tell me if it then connects.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had already done that - disconnecting router and youview box but have done it again. So far message has not come up again but it only did every half an hour or so. When the engineer fitted my youview box, on 11th Feb. he also fitted (@£17.50) a power line adaptor DHP - 301AV. Any connection? I'll get in touch again if the message re-appears.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The power line adapter may be faulting Mary
If it happens again, try to bypass it with a direct connection and then you will see if the adapter has faulted.
I have marked this question to never close, so let me know how this goes if the error now returns.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What do you mean by 'Try to bypass it with a direct connection'?

As I had to get an engineer to fix up the box in the first place you can gather that I am a complete novice at this game. Try to bypass what? With a direct connection to what?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, the adapter is in two parts, you have 1 adapter at one place in your house and another adapter is in another part of your house.
You would need to replace both these adapters to rule out if they are failing or not.
This is what I am referring to Mary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Richard. I will wait to see if the message comes up again. It doesn.t seem to affect the picture when it does appear so maybe I'll just ignore it. But I'll let you know what happens.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if you need anything else, and please remember to rate my service Mary