Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, LAN/WAN Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 10 years experience designing and maintaining computer network circuits and systems.
76287196

MYXP-322 ON THE SMALL PRINTER SCREEN SAYS COMMUNICATION ERROR-CHECK

Customer Question

MYXP-322 ON THE SMALL PRINTER SCREEN SAYS COMMUNICATION ERROR-CHECK CONNECTION-PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT DOES THIS MEAN AND HOE DO I SOLVE WHY I CANNOT SCAN FROM THE PRINTER-WHAT AM I DOING OR NOT DOING CORRECTLY?=TONY STANYER
Category: Networking
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 2 years ago.
JoelK :

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. My goal is to provide professional advice and excellent customer service.

JoelK :

You have to configure the printer to scan by using the software that was installed on your computer for you printer.

JoelK :

Is your printer an Epson XP322?

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I HAVE INSERTED THE SOFTWARE FOR THE XP-322 INTO MY MACBOOKPRO AND FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS BUT THIS MESSAGE APPEARS ON THE PRINTER-COMMUNICATION ERROR PLEASE CHECK CONNECTION. THIS IS WHAT I CANOT UNDERSTAND-WHAT EXACTLY DOES THIS MEAN, I TRIED IT AGAIN THIS MORNING AND STILL RECEIVE THE SAME MESSAGE-THE PRINTER IS NOT SPEAKING TO MY MAC,IT LOOKS AS IF IT HASN'T RECOGNISED THE EPSOM. SOMEBODY SAID PERHAPS ITS THE DRIVER FOR THE SCAN PART-ANY FURTHER SUGGESTIONS? TONY STANYER

It does recognize the printer, because it prints beautifully, according to what you said in your original statement of the question. It is just that the scanner must be configured, using the software on your mac. It is not sufficient to install the software. You have to open it and initiate a procedure to configure the scanner.