Justin
Justin, Certified Networking Engineer
Experience:  Network Specialist Degree, A+/Net+ Certs, 10 years Contract IT/Network Administration
2888018

My Canon PIXMA MG3250 is too temperamental. Can I change it

Customer Question

My Canon PIXMA MG3250 is too temperamental. Can I change it to wired instead of using it as Wi-Fi? I bought it in January and have been disappointed with its performance. Impossible in an office, when you are waiting for something to be printed….
Category: Networking
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
Greetings.

First off, 100% agree, I tell all my clients that wifi is sketchy and etherner is the way to go if possible for their printers.
Secondly that printer has known issues with wifi, spotty performance.

Unfortunately, that printer is Wifi/USB only, which means no ethernet.

Your only real choice at that point is to share it through a computer (can also be unreliable) or buying a print server such as:

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-PS110U-ethernet-supports-Internet/dp/B003CFATRE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425919985&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+print+server

OR if your router has USB support and the printer could be plugged directly into it (not a very common feature, but higher end ones support it).

See below:

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/install-usb-printer-wireless-router-52835.html

Print servers are a little tricky to setup at first, but work well once in place.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Thank you.