Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

I have forgotten my password ***** the connection between my

Customer Question

I have forgotten my password ***** the connection between my PC ( MacBook Pro) and my
photocopier HP Photosmart 6520.
I have just had to acquire a new router as the old one was no longer working. The connection between my PC and photocopier is still not open.
Can you help me. I presume that I need a new password?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello Hans! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed network professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?

Do you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My router is Talk Talk63C468

My lap top is connected to the router via wireless

I have Window

Do you see any password/key at the back/bottom of the router (it is case-sensitive)?

If no, or if it does not work, does your windows laptop have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My password ***** the router is KA8U7XBV

My laptop has Window

Can you please use the password ***** the router? It is case-sensitive. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The password ***** the router is KA8U7XBV

When you try to turn on the WiFi, it requires password, then can you please enter that password ***** the router, then tell me what happens. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have entered the password ***** the router,but it is "invalid for the photocopier which requires a separate password *****

That is the problem- I do not have it .

The printer is asking for the Wi-Fi / wireless password *****?

On the windows laptop, can you please click on Start, then right-click on Computer, then click on Properties, then tell me the Windows version, such as windows xp, windows vista, windows 7, etc. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You will have to excuse my inability to reply to your request. I am a complete octogenerian novice on a steep learning curve, relying on one of my children for help-unfortunately unavailable this weekend!

I have presumed that I have Windows because there is a "Window" icon on the top line of icons on my Mac..It does not have headings for 'start', 'Computer' and 'Properties' as requested by you.

That's okay. Please try the following on your Mac laptop:

1. Open Finder, then select Applications, then Utilities.
  2. Then open Keychain Access
  3. If needed, elect System under Keychains column on the left.
  4. Select All Items under Category on the left.
  5. Then you'll see your Wi-Fi / wireless network name on the right column. (It will have a kind of AirPort network password.)
  6. Double-click on your network name.
  7. Select tiny box at Show password.
  8. Enter your Mac administrator's password, and press the Return key. If you don't have one, just leave it blank and press the Return key.
  9. Then you will see your wireless password ***** security key
    Note: It is case-sensitive. Please enter the password ***** i.e., lowercase and/or uppercase as shown.

Next,

1. On the printer, touch the Wireless icon:
  2. Touch Settings.
  3. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard. (The printer will search for available networks.)
  4. Touch the name of your Wi-Fi / wireless network name, and then touch OK.
  5. When prompted, enter the Wi-Fi / wireless key / password, and then touch Done. The printer connects to the network if successful.
  6. Check printing.

When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so we can continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have got as far as 'keystone access', but there is no WiFy written network on the right.

I have clicked on 'HP Utility'. There is a record of an old Hp Photocopier but not my more recent Photosmart 6520.

Sorry, can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the printing issue directly on your computer together with you? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. please carryon and connect to my computer.

Is there any possibility of communicating with me by landline phone?

I am finding present communications difficult to follow- It must be to do with m age! My phone number is ***********

I do live online support. Please accept the remote support offer, then please do the following in order to connect with me remotely, then I will fix the issue directly on your computer's screen together with you:

1. Please click on the website below:
    https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webDownload=true
  2. Then download / run the file join.me when it prompts or shows
  3. Then tell me the 9 digit numbers that it will show in the join.me program.
  4. Do not close the join.me program.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Experience: Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
  1. Please click on the website below:
  4. Do not close the join.me program.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

196840-754

Is the join.me application still opened? Sorry, it does not let me connect to your computer. Let's try another way:

1. Please click on the website below:
    http://connect.teamviewer.com
  2. , then download / run the file called TeamViewer...
  3. , then tell me the ID and password ***** will provide you in the TeamViewer application.
  4. , don't close the TeamViewer program.

Please type the ID numbers with spaces, i.e., 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am trying again your previous suggestion.

The no, is ********* /p>

Sorry, for privacy purpose on this web page, the system blocks the number as it think it's a phone number. Please type the numbers with spaces between, i.e., 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9.

By the way, did you enter the Wi-Fi password ***** the printer in all uppercase or in all lowercase? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not wish to proceed further.

thank you

I'm sorry, is there any issue? If you don't have time now, we can continue tomorrow, etc. Don't worry, we guarantee our service. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. You have been helpful, but I have found the entire process too difficult to follow- due no doubt to my inexperience and age!

My family has now resolved the issue for me.

You're welcome. I'm sorry, did they use the similar steps I've provided? But I'm glad you got it working now. If you need help with anything else, please let me know anytime. Thank you for the update.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They somehow solved the problem via the printer rather than the laptop.

I dont understand how.

You will appreciate that as a novice octogenerian, '21st technology' can be very trying.!

From my perspective, a personal telephone contact would probably have been more fruitful.

You may be interested to know that I am now told that 'Help the Aged' provide a personal home service in some parts of the country-at no or very little cost for people like myself.