Josh
Josh, Helpdesk
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

When I try to connect to my seagate wifi plus. It asks for

Customer Question

When I try to connect to my seagate wifi plus. It asks for a password. Nothing works? (Macbook Pro)
Category: Networking
Expert:  S4SYS replied 2 years ago.
s4sys :

Hi Thanks for using Justanswer.com

s4sys :

once you ready please let me know

s4sys :

is that you only created the password ***** seagate

JACUSTOMER-cs1a0goq- :

hi

s4sys :

who created the password ?

JACUSTOMER-cs1a0goq- :

nobody. just bought this device new yesterdy

s4sys :

is asking for a password ***** ?

s4sys :

If the Seagate Wireless Plus device is frozen, hangs, or otherwise becomes unresponsive, the device can be reset.

First, try to power cycle the drive. Hold down the power button for at least 30 seconds. The device should power down and the LED should no longer illuminate.

Wait approximately 10 seconds, then press the power button once to power the device on again.

If the drive refuses to turn off, or if it freezes again once you power it back on, you can do a pinhole reset instead. To do that, find a paper clip or a similar object. With the drive still powered on, locate the little hole at the bottom of the drive, by the label. Hold the paper clip down for 10 seconds then let go. Power the drive off afterwards. Wait about 30 seconds, then power the drive back on. Doing this pinhole reset will reset the SSID name and password ***** may have set up. You can set them back to what they were once you've wirelessly connected to the drive again.

JACUSTOMER-cs1a0goq- :

What do think?

s4sys :

please follow the above steps to reset the password

s4sys :

if this information is helpful don't forget to rate this answer now

s4sys :

If you want to format the drive on a Mac Computer :

1. Turn the GoFlex Satellite or Wireless Plus off using the power button on the side of the drive, then connect the drive to your computer using the USB cable.

2. Once your computer detects the drive, go to Disk Utilitiy.

3. On the left-hand side of the window, select the Seagate drive.

4. Click on the Partition tab.

5. On the right-hand side of the window, you will see a dropdown for Partition Layout. Click on it, and select one partition.

6. After selecting the partition layout, you will be able to enter a name for your drive. Name your drive so you can easily recognize it once it's connected to your computer.

7. Choose the Format of the drive. Seagate recommends you choose the Windows NT File System option to keep the flexibility to use the drive between both a Mac and a PC.

8. Click on the Options button, and choose the Master Boot Record (MBR) option.

9. Click on the Apply button. The drive will format and remount on your computer's desktop.

JACUSTOMER-cs1a0goq- :

I am still not getting anywhere. Every password ***** enter is rejected. Maybe the format is incorrect. I have tried:-

JACUSTOMER-cs1a0goq- :

cradduck195m

JACUSTOMER-cs1a0goq- :

13061955

JACUSTOMER-cs1a0goq- :

and

JACUSTOMER-cs1a0goq- :

13061955195m

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!
Just to confirm -- You need your Wi-Fi password?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have already formatted my seagate wifi plus to mac. I need a password ***** will allow me to log into it wirelessly. I can see the drive and have already put a few Gigs of data onto it.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Once you have put content onto the Seagate Wireless Plus, here is how to connect to it wirelessly from your Windows computer:
Enable the wireless connection on the computer.
Power on the Seagate Wireless Plus device.
Select Seagate Wireless Plus from the list of available wireless networks.
Launch a web browser and go to any URL or type www.seagatewireless.com to be automatically redirected to the Seagate Wireless Plus main page.