Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, LAN/WAN Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 10 years experience designing and maintaining computer network circuits and systems.
76287196

I have a MG6450 printer operating via wi-fi. Has been working

Customer Question

I have a MG6450 printer operating via wi-fi. Has been working satisfactorily but this eve will not print - gives me an error msg. " printer not responding". I have reset the LAN connection to my wi-fi hub, but still no success.
Any ideas ?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 2 years ago.
JoelK :

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. My goal is to provide professional advice and excellent customer service.

JoelK :

What is your computer, pc or mac?

JACUSTOMER-cbb4zz7g- :

my laptop is an old Packard Bell, not sure which model

JACUSTOMER-cbb4zz7g- :

r u still there ? only time is ticking by

JoelK :

You need to open Control Panel on your computer and go to Printers. Then delete the printer icon for your printer and select Add a Printer. Reinstalling the printer using the wifi connection option should take care of the problem. When you have recreated the printer icon, you can right click on it and select Printer Properties. Then click on the Print Test Page button. Please let me know if this solves your problem.

JACUSTOMER-cbb4zz7g- :

so I deleted the printer, but I cannot add back as my printer name is ***** ***** on the list

JoelK :

What is your computer operating system? Do you have the software that came with your printer? Your OS is probably too old to include it. If you do not have it, no worries. We can download it from the internet.

JACUSTOMER-cbb4zz7g- :

we,ve just checked again and yes the printer driver is installed. Have re-run this and we get the msg that printer is successfully installed, it then tries to run a test page but I get the same orig error msg "printer not responding"

JoelK :

Please turn off the printer for about a minute. Then turn it back on and try again.

JACUSTOMER-cbb4zz7g- :

nope, hasn't fixed it - it's now pretty late here so I need to call it a day

JACUSTOMER-cbb4zz7g- :

pl e-mail me any further suggestions but so far I cannot say issue is resolved

JoelK :

I am looking for a reset menu on the printer control panel. If you can find that first, that would be the next step in resolving your problem.

JACUSTOMER-cbb4zz7g- :

yes, there is a reset facility under "device settings". This is one of the first things I tried, along with resetting the LAN connection

JACUSTOMER-cbb4zz7g- :

e-mail me any more suggestions

JoelK :

The procedure that we used to reinstall the printer is not always sufficient, because we did not completely uninstall all the printer software. To get a clean installation, it is necessary, after deleting the printer icon in the printer window of the control panel, to go to the uninstall programs window of the control panel and uninstall all the canon software, before reinstalling the printer drivers.

JoelK :

You can try this tomorrow and let me know what happens.