Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed network professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. The previous technician has opted out. I'm a new technician; I believe I can fix this issue for you. If you still need help with this, please try the followings:
STEP 1. First, make sure the printer is connected to the same Wi-Fi / wireless network name as with the Chromebook.
- On the printer, press the Setup (wrench/tool) button icon:
, then select the Wireless LAN setup option, then pres OK button
, then press the red Stop/Reset button:
, then press the OK button
, then select / connect to your Wi-Fi / wireless network name.
If you need, please click on the website below for full instructions / illustrations for how to connect the printer to Wi-Fi / wireless:
, there, click on the option Standard Connection Method, then follow the instructions.
STEP 2. Next, on the printer, please do the following:
- Press the[Setup] button
- Using the arrow keys, select[Web Service Setup]and press[OK].
- When[Connection Setup]is displayed press[OK].
- When[Google Cloud Print]is displayed press[OK].
- Select[Register w/service]and press[OK].
- When[Register?]is displayed, selectand press[OK].
- Select your preferred display language for the print settings of Google Cloud Print and press[OK].
- Press [OK] when [Print auth URL] is displayed to print out the authentication page.
Please ensure that you have loaded an A4 sheet of plain paper into your printer.
The authentication page should now print and your printer will ask if the page was successfully printed. If it was select [Yes] and press [OK ], if not select[No]to reprint the authentication page.
- On the printed authentication page there will be a unique URL website or your printer in the location highlighted below, type / go to this website into the address bar of your web browser on the Chromebook.
- To register your printer with Google Cloud Print you will be asked to log into your Google Account using your Google e-mail address and password. Please use the same google / gmail email address that you are using on the Chromebook.
- This step must be completed within 14 minutes, if you cannot complete this within 14 minutes you will need to repeat steps 1-10.
- Once you have registered your printer with the Google server, the following will be displayed on the screen of your printer:
[Registration with Google Cloud Print completed.]
- Press[OK]to finish.
Now, you can print from the Chromebook.
Please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, and let me know the result, so I can troubleshoot further as needed. Thank you,