Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech
Experience:  A+ MCSE 11 years at a large law firm.
13274453

, I have a Panasonic Plasma Viera TV TX-P42S20BA and I want

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Panasonic Plasma Viera TV TX-P42S20BA and I want to connect to the internet via a AV500 Nano Powerline Adapter ( wireless wi fi connection to my router ) . Not sure if I need something else ?? to allow me to do this. Can you advise please.
Pat
Category: Networking
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Is this the AV500 kit you purchased?
-
http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/cat-18_TL-PA4010KIT.html
-
These are not wireless adapters and instead use your home wiring to carry the internet signal from your TV to the router. One adapter plugs into a power outlet by the router and is connected to it by an ethernet cable that should be included in the kit. The second adapter plugs into a power oultet by your TV and connects to the network port via cable to the TV, thus establishing your internet connection. The cables look like this and should have been included with the purchase
graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I have connected as per institution and the 2 earth net cables in the pack and still no luck , yet the connection test is saying every think is as it should be . Not sure what to do now??

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.

Is it passing the wired connection test?

What happens when you try to launch one of the apps like Netflix or Hulu?

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Hi Pat. I've done more research into your specific model TV. Now that your TV confirms that there is an internet connection in order to receive content like movies and TV over the internet, you are correct, you will now need a "gadget". You can get a Roku player from here:
-
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roku-3-HD-Streaming-Player/dp/B00E37LZVY
-
The way this is set up is the internet connection coming from your Nano adapter plugs into the ethernet port of the Roku player. You'll then connect an HDMI cable
graphic
from the Roku box into one of the HDMI ports on your TV. Using your TV remote you set the input to the appropriate HDMI port and then you will have internet access using the Roku.
-
Please let me know if you need more clarification. I will always do my best to answer your question. Your satisfaction is my top goal. If you are not satisfied with the answer I provide, for any reason, please allow me to continue to help you (or recommend you for another expert or refund) rather than giving a negative rating. A positive rating is always appreciated.