Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

I have forgotten my password ***** the network in my house

Customer Question

Hi I have forgotten my password ***** the network in my house that's is only my iPad etc are connected to? my WIFI is fine
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Simon! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed network professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean the Wi-Fi / wireless password?

What is the model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?

Do you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac?

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi no everything is connected to the wi-fi that fine I thi it is what my iPad, iPhone and Mac book that is away getting this, don't knoe the model of modem no to good with computers, where does it tell you? I am having to use the iPad as Mac book away getting fixed
You can check at the back/bottom of your Internet device for the brand / model of it. Usually, the internet device was given previously to you by you internet service provider.

Are you currently communicating with me via the Macbook computer?

Is the Macbook computer connected to the internet device with a cable? Or is it wireless?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No iPad
Is the Internet working on the Macbook?

Can you please check at the back/bottom of your Internet device for the brand / model of it? Usually, the internet device was given previously to you by you internet service provider (who you pay for internet service monthly.) Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's an iPad and the internet is working on the apple tv, iPhone, iPod and iPad
I know the internet is working on the iPad as you told me previously. I'm asking if the internet is also working on the Macbook computer also.

Who's your internet service provider? Which company?

Can you please check in your house for the internet modem/router device?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was before it got dent to get fixed
I really need to know the brand / model of your internet modem / router device. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's Sky made by Sagemcom

What's the model of your Sagemcom device, such as [email protected]? Do you see any password ***** key / WPA / WEP, etc. at the back/bottom of the Sagemcom device?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Think V6,
serial NP1132801026547
MAC 4C17EG5AD98
Wireless Name SKYAD98B
Password *****
PIN 32943177
Thank you. Please try the password ***** shown on the Sagemcom device. It is case sensitive. Prese let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not the password, serial number, or ithe wireless name work

Make sure to connect to the Wi-Fi / wireless network name called, SKYAD98B, then enter the password ***** (all in uppercase as shown on the Sagemcom device), then what does it say?

If it does not work, can you connect an Ethernet / network cable temporarily from the Macbook to the Sagemcom device temporarily?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes my problem is not resolved at all

I'm sorry, I know that your problem is not solved, but we are not finished, we are still troubleshooting the issue, and you just gave me a negative rating. Do you mean that you do not want me to continue troubleshooting the issue with you? You would only rate my service when we are finished. Please let me know if you'd like to continue; we guarantee our service. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Apologies I didn't relize that I ws rating you I thought it was to say if it was resolved, am I able to retracted it?
That's okay. Yes, you can retract / re-rate. Can you connect an extra Ethernet / network cable temporarily from the Macbook to the Sagemcom device? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My Mac book is away getting fixed

On your iPad, please tap on Settings app icon, then tap on Wi-Fi option, then tap on your wireless network name (SKYAD98B), then let me know the numbers it is showing on the right of the item Router. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
192.168.0.1

Thank you. Please tap on the website below:

http://192.168.0.1

, then when prompted to login, enter admin for the username, and enter sky for the password

(if it does not work, enter admin for the username also)

, then click on the SETUP option at the top

, then click on WIRELESS SETTINGS right below it

, then it will show you the Network key ; that is your Wi-Fi / wireless password (it is case-sensitive.)

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Network key is same as the network password
What is the device you are trying to connect to wireless / Wi-Fi? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Everything is connect to the Wireless/wi fi but not to the network simon's Wi-Fi network, I can remember the password

I'm not sure what you mean. Your Wi-Fi / wireless network name is ***** ***** not Simon. What do you mean the network Simon for? Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is all devices are connected on the time capsule but I have forgot the password

What do you use the Time Capsule for? The Time Capsule password ***** ***** It looks like you have forgotten your Time Capsule network password. You need your mac computer. When you got your mac computer working, then you can do the following:

1 Use something pointed (such as a ballpoint pen or a paperclip) to press and hold down the reset button for one second.
(Important: If you hold the reset button for more than one second, you may lose your
network settings, so only hold the reset button for one second.)
2 Select your AirPort network.
- On a Macintosh, use the AirPort status menu in the menu bar to select the network
created by your Time Capsule (the network name doesn’t change).
- On a computer using Windows XP, hold the pointer over the wireless connection icon
until you see your AirPort network name (SSID), and choose it from the list if there
are multiple networks available.
3 Open AirPort Utility (in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder on a Macintosh,
and in Start > All Programs > AirPort on a computer using Windows XP).
4 Select your Time Capsule, and then choose Manual Setup from the Base Station menu.
5 Click AirPort in the toolbar, and then click Base Station.
6 Enter a new password ***** your Time Capsule.
7 Click Wireless and choose an encryption method from the Wireless Security pop-up
menu to turn on encryption and activate password ***** for your AirPort network.
If you turn on encryption, enter a new password ***** your AirPort network.
8 Click Update to restart your Time Capsule and load the new settings.

More info:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5577077
https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/0/MA428/en_US/TimeCapsule_SetupGuide.pdf