Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, LAN/WAN Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 10 years experience designing and maintaining computer network circuits and systems.
76287196

I am trying to set up a bridge using two ENS500's with no luck.

Customer Question

I am trying to set up a bridge using two ENS500's with no luck. The first issue is I am not sure the router is recognizing the one I am using as the AP. Should it be showing up on the router
Category: Networking
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 2 years ago.
JoelK :

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. My goal is to provide professional advice and excellent customer service.

JoelK :

I can definitely get your two wireless routers working together, but you have to work with me, because there are various options, depending on your physical layout. Please let me know when you are online and ready to proceed.

JoelK :

You would only use an

JoelK :

If the link between the two routers is an Ethernet cable, the secondary unit would be configured as an AP, and it would provide wireless workstation connectivity. However, if you want to use a wireless link between the two routers, the secondary unit should be configures as a WDS Bridge, which is the ES500 terminology for a Repeater.

JoelK :

If the secondary unit is configured as an Access Point (AP), the link between the two routers must be an Ethernet cable. The primary unit would be configured for Point to Point over Ethernet (PPPoE) and connected to the modem provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Both units would provide wireless workstation connectivity (WiFi).

Nick,

I have not heard from you for a week. I requested that your question be relisted, because we have had some techinical difficulties on the website. Please let me know how you are doing. Are you still having problems setting up your two ES500 routers into a bridge configuration?

Nick -

If you are satisfied with my information and advice, please be sure to give me a Good or Excellent rating. If you are still having problems, please let me know. If you have any more questions, of if there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. I am grateful for the opportunity to be of service.

I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!