Richard, Network Architect
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

John I am having difficulties installing the driver software

Hello John I am having difficulties installing the driver software for my new Canon printer
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Are you doing this on a windows or mac computer?
And which version are you running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows 8.1

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
As the first step, connect the printer to a different USB port on the computer and then see if it is now detected.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tried it, actually I already tried all possible USB ports on the laptop - no luck

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What model printer is this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Canon PIXMA MG2450

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Just checked and it will work on windows 8.1
I need to confirm if the printer or computer is at fault.
Do you have another computer there to run the install on so we can see this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't have another computer - any other ideas?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to use another cable to rule out the cable as being at fault?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I've already done that too Richard.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, power off the printer by removing the power cable from the wall socket and wait 10 minutes.
Then power on the printer and try to install.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi I tried that, no luck! Unfortunately there is no option on the wizard to pause or retry. I don't want to download and install AGAIN, but anyway the window saying 'no printer is detected' is still there.

Any other ideas?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you dont need to download it, restart the computer and run the setup again from your downloads folder as the downloaded file is there
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello again

OK, I did all that. No luck. Do you think there is something wrong with the printer? If it's faulty I may have to return it.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is going to be the issue as we have ruled out all other causes for this.
Generally, installation is a very straight forward process and you should not be having all these issues.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty, and the replacement will be done at know cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK thanks

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome
If you need anything at all, please let me know
And please remember the service rating.
Richard, Network Architect
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking