Russell H.
Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

I have just purchased a Canon Pixma 3200 wi-fi printer but

Customer Question

I have just purchased a Canon Pixma 3200 wi-fi printer but every attempt to install it results in a 2>1 error.
What am I doing wrong?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Make sure your Canon printer's WiFi is enabled. (If you're already sure it is, I'm sorry - but this is necessary advice, sometimes.)

If the error you get is on the computer screen, then make sure the computer's firewall is (temporarily only!) switched Off. (But, re-enable your computer's firewall immediately after the printer is detected, for its security.)

After that, you may perhaps have a defective printer, and would be well-advised to return it promptly, packed up in its original packaging, for either a refund or an exchange for another printer of same or similar type and equal value.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The error is displayed on the printer panel. I can print using a USB cable but an attempt to scan results in a 3>1 error.

What is the status of your computer's firewall, please?