Russell H.
Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

My Viera TX-42AS650B will not connect to the internet. I

Customer Question

My Viera TX-42AS650B will not connect to the internet.
I go through the whole connection sequence and I get the message - 'A home network is available, but connection to the network is not possible'
Help please.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Several things might cause that message.
But it is a rather hopeful message, since it says it detected a home network at all... at least, that's what I read into the error message you cited. So we don't need to worry that the wireless adapter is dead or non-functional.

The several things that might be wrong are at least the following:
1. the encryption scheme on the Wifi router is too elaborate / recent / advanced for your TV. (I doubt this. But it is possible.)

2. the Wifi router might be configured to lock out all but a small number of specific machine address codes (or 'MAC Addresses'). And your TV might not be on that small list, if the Wifi router is so configured.

3.the encryption code for the Wifi router (not a 'password' but a passphrase) may not have been properly entered. Be sure it's the passphrase, not the password ***** the router. Be sure to observe UPPER CASE letters and enter them properly that way, and enter lower-case letters as such also, scrupulously.