p0llinate
p0llinate, Consultant
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

I have a Kindle Touch and in the past have downloaded books

Customer Question

I have a Kindle Touch and in the past have downloaded books from the Kindle shop via my internet router. Today when I tried to download a book I scanned for signals and my internet signal was very strong. I entered what I thought was the password ***** was informed that it was incorrect. I have tried many things but can't get a connection. Is there any way I can retrieve my password ***** get another one?
Category: Networking
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.
The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.
Keep in mind that regarding the network,your connection should be stored in the kindle memory - it is not normal to have to enter your wifi password ***** time. It is possible it is asking you for your amazon account password ***** verify/allow the purchase.
If needed, I can help you find/reset your wifi password ***** reset your amazon password, but give the above steps a try first.
Nathan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm not sure if my last post got through. I have tried what you suggested but still no joy. It may be that the password ***** been changed since I last downloaded a book as it was quite a while ago. I just need to know how to retrieve or reset it. Thanks

Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Yes it did just come through now, thank you.I'm still unsure which password ***** are needing though, your wifi or your amazon password?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is what I find hard. They ask for a password ***** I am never sure which one. I have tried the Amazon one and the router one and my email one and none of them seems to work!

Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Okay can you tell me exactly what you see on the kindle when prompted for password?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Wi-Fi Password *****

Network Name VM790469-2G

Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Okay, that is indeed the wifi password ***** needs then. Are you talking to me right now from a computer that is currently connected to the wifi?
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
If so, go here: http://bit.ly/1PCJg8Zfollow the prompts to agree to the remote session, then run/install/open the support program
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, but the computer I am using is connected to the network using a devolo home plug connection so I don't need a password. The trouble is I set up a lot of this stuff a long time ago so have forgotten a lot of what I did.

Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Thats okay, as long as you are on the home network, we should be able to find your password ***** the remote session.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK please go ahead

Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
I need you to click the link above then follow the prompts to start the remote session from your end to give me access
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm being very thick here. Where is the link?

Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
go here: http://bit.ly/1PCJg8Zfollow the prompts to agree to the remote session, then run/install/open the support program