Richard, Network Architect
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

I want to buy my daughter a kindle. But I don't want

Hello - I want to buy my daughter a kindle. But I don't want wifi access on it. Can I buy a kindle that doesn't have wifi access (I suppose you'd have to download the books from a computer via a cable). Or is there a kindle that you can put restrictions on - so the wifi can only be turned on by someone who knows the restrictions code?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
All Kindles have wifi sorry so you cannot avoid this, but you can enable parental controls (restrictions) on the Kindle with password ***** you set, so that in order to turn Wifi on, they need to enter in the passcode.
Then you can just turn on wifi when you want to get books onto it or as you said, download via the computer.
The Kindle Paperwhite does this best
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen or smiley faces, that would be greatly appreciated.