A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Network Administrator
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

Canon MG 3250

Re Canon MG 3250 Printer: I keep getting Error 300 coming up when I try to print. I've gone through the wireless connection process, but to no avail.The blue light is on, everything seems normal but the computer cannot make the connection. Any ideas please?

Category: Networking
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!Do you know how you are connecting with the printer? Are you using the WPS button method or are you entering the wireless network information on the printer LCD panel? Could you provide the printer model # ***** I can locate the correct instructions for you to connect?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Model Canon MG 3250. I am using the WPS button method to connect

Have you been able to connect it before via WPS? Just want to confirm your wireless router is capable
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, no problems in the past. It was working fine yesterday

I understand, so there might be just some miscommunication with the printer and router. Have you attempted to reboot the router yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No haven't tried that

Try rebooting the router to see if the connection resumes. If it does not automatically, please attempt the WPS method once more. If that still does not work, we can try connecting the printer via a different method to your router. I think the reboot should work though.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tried re-booting, but same error code came up. Tried WPS button connection error code came up again.

In "devices and printers" does the printer show to be connected?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In my Systems and Preferences I have two printers listed. My Brother printer shows 'in use' and the Canon shows 'idle' The Canon is the default printer.

I have selected it and tried to print something, but still get the same error code 300

The error shows on the printer LCD panel?
If the error is in fact on the printer LCD panel, can you verify it is for certain Error 300? These are the error code for the MG3250 that I show: Error E02 Error E03 Error E04 Error E05 Error E07 Error E08 Error E13 Error E14 Error E15 Error E16 Error P02 Error P03 Error P07 Error P08 Error P10 Error 5100 Error 5200 Error 6000 Error B200 Error 5B00
But I don't not see an Error 300
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The error code 300 comes up in the in the print queue window on my Mac, and says 'the printer is not responding and to check the connections' which I've done

Understand, thanks for that info. Let's try removing the printer and reconnecting it then...do you know how to remove?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, not sure how to do that

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.Select the printer in the list, then click Delete (-).
Then go to connect it as you have in the past with the WPS method.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well, I've deleted it from the Mac but not sure how to re-install it

Did you install it with a CD originally or straight through the Mac interface?
Would you be interested in additional services for a remote screen sharing session so that I can install the printer for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's OK I've managed to install it, and guess what, everything is working OK now. I've managed to print and Scan. So that did the trick.

Thanks a lot.

Great! Glad it worked. Please do leave a positive rating, would really be appreciated. Thanks for using Just Answer and have a great day.