Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

Question 3 Wi-Fi Networks Have found page which shows Wi-Fi

Question 3
Wi-Fi Networks
Have found page which shows Wi-Fi Networks but confused by terms used? These reading from the top of the screen as follows;
BTWifi-withFON no pad lock shown
BTHub5-9J7R secured[WPS Available] padlocked [This is my Wireless SSID
BTWi-Fi-X secured
BThub-9J7R not in range
BTHub5-9J7R not in range
+ Add Wi-Fi network
What help is hidden here?
Category: Networking
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! So some of the other network names may not related to your router, but SSID for other networks near by. So is your SSID available and in range? Are you having trouble connecting to it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2June 22.46hrs

This is my third attempt to reply to your request for further information!

I have the computer on which I am typing my reply to you now and this is linked to the BT Hub and is therefore the SSID available is within range. Aslo I use a Samsung Tablet [an older version than the one with which I am having trouble] and this is also linked to the BT Hub.

However I am unable to find out where I must type in the 'Wireless Key'?

Can you help?

Which device are you unable to find wireless key on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I have attempted to reply to A stevens request on THREE occasions but still have not had a reply to my question
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed network professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What happens when you tap BTHub5-9J7R (secured[WPS Available] padlocked (your Wireless SSID))?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help.

I have connected to BTHub when tapping the line as you have suggested. However the icon still shows a 'padlock' on it.

also

BTWifi-with-FON shows icon without padlock. How do I padlock this icon as I will not use the Tablet away from home?

You have been helpful but please answer above.

You're welcome. padlock means it's a secured network. Does it show Connected at your network name?

Yes, BTWifi-with-FON is for connecting away from home, whenever the signal is available at that location.

Please let me know, so I can help further. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You have been of the greatest help - thank you

TheBTHub5-9J7R shows 'connected' [The icon shows a 'padlock' and you have confirmed this is a 'secured network' which is AOK.

I think I have opened up the connection but if I run into any other problems may I contact you?

Yes, of course. If you need help with anything else, please let me know anytime. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience
Experience: Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.