Claws224
Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I have a HP Photosmart C4585 printer on my house wireless

Customer Question

I have a HP Photosmart C4585 printer on my house wireless network. I have been using it successfully linked to my Acer Aspire ONE D260-A Laptop. I now have a Amazon Kindle ADX tablet and a Bllackberry Playbook tablet. Can you give me exact details of how I can print docs etc from my KindleFire and also from my Blackberry Playbook . Thanks in anticipation of an answer \bruce xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the HP printer was in wireless mode with the Acer computer, it may have been unable to print by USB, period. I have rather a recollection of that being a fact when dealing with HP printers with both WiFi and USB printing capability.

Are you printing through a local WiFi router to the HP printer?
Or are you printing from the computer, wirelessly, direct to the HP printer?