Richard, Network Architect
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

My Epson xp800 printer will not print out documents Message

my Epson xp800 printer will not print out documents Message on screen says printer in error mode What can I do?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What is the exact and entire error message including any numbers?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not getting a message now as far as I can remember it just said epsonxp800 printer is in error mode

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Please try printing something again and see what comes up. Try making a copy from the scanner glass as well so the computer is not used and let me know what happens.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried printing again. The message came up and said Epson XP is in an error mode I have made a copy of a document without using the computer and that works perfectly

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok what version of windows or mac is on the computer? How is the printer connected to it?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have Windows8.1 and the printer is connected by Wi Fi. IIhave used this before and had no problems

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
You most likely have a network setting issue so I am going to opt out and move this to networking.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't understand what that means

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power to the printer, your wifi router and power the computer off and wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power to the wifi router, and wait 5 minutes for it to start.
Power on the printer, then the computer and then try to print.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tried that but still can't get it to print

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
We will do a reinstall of the printer.
Can you press the windows key on the computer to bring you to the windows start screen
Then type in device and click on devices and printer.
Then right click on your printer and click remove
Once done, restart the computer
Then install the printer again like when you first received it and once complete, tell me please if you can now print to it.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you It is now working O.K. As I'm pretty new to all this I have surprised myself by being able to follow your instructions. hope I don't need you again

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You did well, and the key is to give the instructions in steps so you don't get lost. It was good team work.
I understand you not wanting to need my services again (as that would mean you have an issue), but if you do have any issues, please keep me in mind
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Network Architect
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking