Ashik
Ashik, PC Technician
Experience:  Personal and Professional Experience in Networking
16433418

I have an ASUS tablet running Android. I want ot connect to

I have an ASUS tablet running Android. I want ot connect to a mobile WIFI unit made by Huawei. The SIm card is working OK. I cannot find in my ASUS operating system under settings how to the WLAN and thus set the SSID. How do I do this. Thanks *****
Category: Networking
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
What is the exact model number of that device ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is an ASUS K010 running android version 4.4.2
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Thanks but I need the model number of your Huawei device.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The Huawei is a E5151 fitted with and e-kit sim card
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Ok, that is a Mobi-Fi or MiFi Device. You have to download the Huawei HiLink application from Play Store and install it. Then use that application to setup your Mobi-Fi device.
Open Play Store, search Huawei HiLink app. Install it. See here --> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.huawei.mw&hl=en
Remember, you have to connect to your Mobi-Fi device first from Settings > WiFi inorder to setup it using the HiLink application.
You can also setup it using your computer. After setting up, on your ASUS go to Settings > WiFi and connect to your Mobi-Fi
Please refer this article to setup from your computer --> http://support.huawei.com/ecommunity/bbs/10176551.html
If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will continue to help you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have followed the link to the Play Store using the ASUS tablet, found the app and it states that "this app is incompatible with all your devices.". Therefore it will not install, any ideas. The ASUS is connected to the internet via the HUAWEI using an ethernet cable.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
You should be able to connect to the Huawei device using WiFi with the default password. Did you try that ?
Since that app is not compatible with ASUS, you have to use your PC to setup (change SSID, change password *****) the Huawei for one time, then you can use it with your Asus via WiFi.
To do that, follow the instructions in here --> http://support.huawei.com/ecommunity/bbs/10176551.html
Also, did you try downloading the Huawei application directly from your Asus Tab ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
I found the installation file for Huawei for your tab. Download it from here --> http://dl3.apk-dl.com/root/apk/2015/7/27/com.huawei.mw_3.1.11.2_[www.apk-dl.com].apk
You can download it from your ASUS tab and install it by opening it.
If you download it from your computer, you can copy it to your Huawei and install it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have downloaded the app from the link above and at first it allowed access to the internet from the ASUS via the Heawei. I tried a little later and I could not get access. I will try again tomorrow. I did not have to do any setting up in the app which surprised me. It is looking better will be in contact.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Setup your device one more time including SSID, security type etc using that application and make sure to save or update or apply the settings. Then go to Settings > WiFi and connect to your device.