RandyNetwork Tech
RandyNetwork Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Network Technician
62741268

My Amazon Fire HDX will not connect to my system and all other

Customer Question

My Amazon Fire HDX will not connect to my system and all other appliances have. keeps coming up with Authentication problem why and what is the answer
Category: Networking
Expert:  RandyNetwork Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is***** will assist you, I am a licensed network professional with over 20 years of experience in this area.
This sound like your router/modem may have reset to default settings. What is the brand/model of your modem please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

BT Modem

okay, thank you. Try this first please> unplug the power cord to the BT Modem for 1 minute. Then reconnect the power cord and wait 3 minutes for the modem to reboot and initialize. Then try connecting one of your wifi devices by using the information on the BT Modem label. On the Hub 2.0, the network name (SSID) and wireless key is printed on a label on the back of the Hub.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cannot understand why all other appliances are working ok and not the Amazon Kindle Fire

okay, are you sure that you are entering the wifi password ***** from the BT Modem label. It is listed beside wireless key> restart your Amazon Fire TV device with your remote. Press and hold the Selectbutton and the Play button at the same time until the Amazon Fire TV device restarts (about five seconds). Or go to Settings > System > Restartthen try the Wireless Network Connection: From the Home screen, select Settings > System > Wi-Fi. Your Amazon Fire TV device automatically detects nearby Wi-Fi networks that broadcast their network name. Some networks are open for everyone to join, while others require a password ***** connect.Under Available Networks, select a wireless network and enter the network password (if required) using the onscreen keyboard.You can also use the keyboard in the Fire TV Remote App.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As my Amazon Kindle is not connected to a TV where do I go from here. All appliances the am are working and connected but not the Kindle. NOTHING is connected to a TV as we don't have one

I am sorry about the confusion. I thought that you had the Fire Tv Stick. I set that you have the Fire HDX Tablet. The instructions are a little different for the tablet. We will get that connected, follow these steps please.To connect to Wi-Fi follow these steps:Tap the Quick Settings iconSelect Wi-Fi.Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.Your home network should appear in the list.Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network if it requires a password. Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard. If you need help locating your password ***** me know.Then Tap Connect.In the future your Kindle Fire will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its working many thanks needed to put on the modem original password

That's great!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All ok thanks

Great!