IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My laptop has suddenly stopped connecting to the home wifi

Category: Networking
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Please tell me what happens when you attempt to connect. Do you get an error message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I am not sure what happended but by switching everything off and then on again the home wifi is now connecting to my laptop but my personal hotspot from my iphone is not. Are you able to help me with this?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!
Sure, I can help you with the Hotspot connection as well.
Please tell me if you have a Windows laptop or a Mac laptop.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a wondows 8 Toshiba laptop
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information!Please do the following:1. Turn on your Personal Hotspot on the iPhone2. Click on the WiFi icon on your Windows 8 laptop to see a list of available WiFi networks3. Once you see the one created by the Personal Hotspot that you used to connect to, right-click on its name on the list and select "Forget this network". Confirm if asked4. That will remove the saved settings for that network, so try to connect again. Enter the correct WiFi password ***** asked and you should successfully connectLet me know the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. All seems to be working normally again.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
I am glad I could help!If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know. Before you leave, please take a moment to rate my assistance using the rating box with the stars located in the upper right corner of the page. Regards,IT Miro