Ashik
Ashik, PC Technician
Experience:  Personal and Professional Experience in Networking
16433418

I recently received an automatic update to my Galaxy 10.4 2014

I recently received an automatic update to my Galaxy 10.4 2014 edition and since then the WiFi scanning has not connnected to wifi signals. I have tried out on several sopurces which are fine on my Galaxy phone. How can I re-activate the wifi signal pick up?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Since this happened after the update, it is possible that the new update corrupted the WiFi drivers. In these situations, the best option to get the WiFi back working is by doing a factory reset. In fact, it is better to factory resets after every major update as this will install a fresh version.
First connect the tab to your computer and backup all your important files, photos etc.
Then go to Settings > Backup & Reset and then do factory data reset from there. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have completed a factory reboot and gone through the restore process for my google account but now in the settings the wifi still does not connnect. What now?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Does it show the WiFi network and you are unable to connect or is it not finding the WiFi at all ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It says it's not in range: it is on the same desk!

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
ON your computer, download the WiFi Scanner application from here --> http://file.appsapk.com/wp-content/uploads/apps-3/WiFi%20Scanner.apk
Copy it to your tab and install it. Open it and does it recognize the WiFi ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I should mention that at the initial boot up after factory eset it did pick up the signal. It was when the usual galaxy fron end appeared and I wen to settings that the problem appeared again. I will try your next step.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
If it still not working, then lets reset it different way then.
Turn off the Tab
Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
Android system recovery will be loaded now
Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)
Select Yes — delete all user data.
Then select reboot system now
That should factory reset the Tablet. Setup it again and does it recognize WiFI ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK - this is the scene. When I start factory reset it detects the netowrk and lets me connnect. After basic setting like date and time I can log on to my google account. When logged on and the main screen loaded I go to settings and the signal is gone and the screen is stuck with a memory list of previous netowrks, including my local one here, but does not pick it up. just sticks on scanning. So ????

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
This is indeed a strange issue. Can you factory reset one more time and this time, don't sign in to your Google account or restore from backup. Just skip that step and setup it as new tablet. What happens ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK. I skipped google account, Samsung and everything. The result is that I have wifi. Tested it with a google search which works. So that is weird!

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
That means it was restoring corrupted settings all this time from the Google or Samsung account. Good news is that this is not hardware related. Go to Settings > Accounts and sign in to your Google or Samsung account. If asked to restore from backup, don't do it. Let me know how it goes please.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You can turn on the syn options for both Google and Samsung accounts. Just don't restore the backup from either account or it will bring the old WiFi settings back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Re entering my google account has worked retaining the wifi. It has restored my callender and files. It has not restored my extensive S-Notes. Clearly I will have to re-log onto my other mail account. Gallery of pictures seems restored minus a few recent shots. So it could be worse.

Any suggestions about S-Notes? They were saved within the system until now.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
The S Notes are supposed to restore as well. It might take a couple of minutes to repopulate. Sign in to your Samsung account as well and that might restore the S-Notes.
Ashik, PC Technician
Experience: Personal and Professional Experience in Networking