Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Consultant
Experience:  Network consultant for over 20 years.
25267123

I have a Canon MG4250 printer connected to my MacBook air both

i have a Canon MG4250 printer connected to my MacBook air both via a LAN and via a USB cable. When I try to print from the computer I get a message "the printer is not connected" and another ":Printing - the printer is off line"
I know the printer is connected via a LAN as I can print direct from my smartphone; the problem is between the PC and the printer.
Any ideas?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 2 years ago.
Choose Apple menu > System Preferences and click Print & Scan.Open Print and Scan preferences Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, and choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.Click on the plus sign and re-add the printers you use. Then try printing again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
MANY THANKS - THAT WORKED.
Great! If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. If we solved your problem, giving me high marks on the survey and / or bonuses are also GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great response - 100%
Thank you, ***** ***** provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ABOVE RATING!!
Thanks but it is not showing here. You have to Accept the answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ANSWER ACCEPTED